I delivered a corporate lunch delivery yesterday, for the nicest company! Traditional Greek salad, add avo and topped with freshly-grilled chicken souvlaki, with a side of homemade pita. Had it for lunch, myself, minus the pita – sub @awgbakery croutons and it was so tasty!
Greek salad with grilled chicken souvlaki
For the Greek Salad
- Romaine lettuce
- Shaved red onion
- Campari tomatoes
- @mevgalgr feta cheese
- Greek salad dressing – I use olive oil red wine vinegar, Greek oregano, salt + pepper.
For the Souvlaki Marinade
- 10 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp each Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup @caoliveranch olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- In the bowl of a small food processor, add garlic, oregano, rosemary, paprika, salt, pepper, olive oil, white wine, and lemon juice – don’t add bay leaves yet – and pulse until well combined.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and add bay leaves. Top with marinade. Toss to combine, making sure chicken is well-coated with marinade. Cover and refrigerate a minimum of two hours or over night.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread marinated chicken pieces through soaked wooden skewers.
- Place chicken skewers on grill until well browned on all sides and cooked through. Brush with marinade after each turn. Once cooked, allow chicken to rest, covered, for five minutes.
- Serve over or along side Greek salad… aka the best salad, ever.
In good food + good health,