I love poke. And, poke made with fresh-off-the-boat, never frozen bluefin or yellow fin? Say no more. It’s the BEST. My poke recipe is easy breezy and it’s delicious. If you’re a poke fan, you’ve gotta try this one!
- 2lbs sushi grade bluefin or yellowfin tuna
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 3-4 scallions, green part only, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried chile flakes (optional for a little heat)
Cut the tuna into 1/2-1″ cubes and place it into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and gently toss to combine. Refrigerate poke for at least one hour, to allow flavors to meld. My favorite way to serve is to layer sprouted brown rice, thinly sliced and marinated cucumbers, tuna, diced avocado, citrus-soy ponzu and more scallions. This recipe is also great served as an appetizer, with taro chips.
Cant wait to hear how you all like it!
In good food and good health,